Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Today I met with Kris...

Kris sent me an email a few days ago and asked if my parents and myself would like to discuss our recent trip to WV.  She wanted to video tape us and have us share what it was like for me, my expectations going into the trip, and also wanted to touch on my upcoming trip to Ft. Stewart.  This was the second time Kris has come over to take video of me.

It was a great visit.  I don't really know how long I spoke, it seemed like forever.  I touched on my anxiety, my hyper-awareness, and my feelings of not being safe.  My Mom and Dad did a great job explaining what it was like being at the prison, talking to the trainers, and their thoughts on the bump.

I've talked to several people about my trip to Alderson, emailed a ton of people a link to my blog, and even posted a link to it on my Facebook account.  Everyone is so supportive, it's amazing.  I don't really like discussing the things that stress me out, but this blog lets me do that and not have the added anxiety of speaking to someone face to face.  Maybe these doctors and counselors that have been telling me to journal for the last 4 years were onto something.  I don't know if I will ever be comfortable discussing some events that happened in Iraq, but I feel like I'm getting to a point where I can discuss how Iraq has affected my life.