Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Firsts for TAZIE

The last couple of weeks have been fairly busy.  TAZIE had a few "firsts" here with me, and she did amazing each time.  Last week I took her to the Vet Center with me for my individual session and she was almost perfect.  When I was sitting out in the waiting area, a man came through the door and she made a little noise, but responded to me correcting her and that was it.  She was very curious, sniffing everything and rolling around on the carpet.  When I was in with Kevin she accepted him right away.  After the Vet Center I took her to PetSmart.  I needed to get a few things for her and thought that would be a good place to go to get her out a little bit.  She really wanted to go into the room where they keep the cats for adoption.  The cats weren't too sure what to think about her sniffing around their cages, and when it was time to leave TAZIE cried a little.

Friday we had an appointment at the Vet to get her current on all her shots.  It is kinda hard to believe that only a month ago she was trying to take my Dad apart piece by piece, but she has shown no signs of aggression for quite a while.  They took some blood and gave her some shots and she behaved as well as she ever had. 

She seems to like going on car rides quite a bit, and is a pretty good co-pilot.  She likes to sit in the front seat staring out the window, and tries to get her head as close to the windshield as possible.  I have had to start scooting the seat all the way up so she doesn't slip and fall while driving.  She isn't quite sure what to think about the Grateful Dead that I listen to all the time.  There was a portion of a song where some pretty odd sounds were being made and she just started staring at the speaker, cocking her head left, then right, perking her ears up...it cracked me up.  Guess I am just gonna have to make a Deadhead out of her.

This past week I have had some people out to the house to give some estimates on a fence for the backyard.  Pretty soon she is gonna have a place where she can run off leash which I think is going to help her quite a bit.  Not exactly sure when they are gonna come out to start installing the fence, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will be done and she can have a place to romp around.