Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Humane Society

Today I went to the Humane Society to start volunteering.  I was a week early for the orientation class, so I was able to walk around, meet some of the folks that work there, and spend a little time with the puppies.  One of the people that I met there is ex-military, and when I told him that I was in the process of getting a service dog, he was pretty curious.  I was also a little relieved to be able to tell someone that I had PTSD, and that might understand a little about it.  What I think I am going to do is start spending a little time out there during the week, the weekends are just insanely busy. 

My schedule at the Vet Center has changed a little, I will still be out there three days a week, but one of my appointments was changed from Wednesday to Thursday.  I plan on making Wednesday my volunteer day.